Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Quarter Has Begun!

Hey everyone!

So....just a little bit relating to last quarter before we move on: I made the Dean's List and the Perfect Attendance List! Yay me! Yes, I'm still a bit bitter about that A-, but I'm dealing with it. 3.95 is not a bad GPA. I keep telling myself that - I'm sure it'll sink in any time now. :)

More non-school related news that affects school - I've acquired employment! Yay! It's a part-time job right now. I will be working 4 5-hour days every week, with Fridays off. This is good as new assignments come out on Fridays, so I will have the weekends free to focus on my schoolwork - which I will need!

Which brings us to Summer Quarter! This is going to be a challenging quarter. My Intro to Business and E-Commerce classes are very similar. There is a lot of reading (very boring reading) required for both classes, and lots of lecture notes. I learned my lesson last quarter about taking notes - I am printing those suckers off rather than writing them out. Which is good, because there are tons. Also - both classes have a quiz every week (didn't I tell ya so?) and both classes have a 5-7 page paper due at the end of the course. Oy! So those classes are going to keep me on my toes. The reading and concepts are all very similar (and did I mention boring?) so that will hopefully help reinforce the concepts rather than confuse them. So far, so good.

As far as posting information from those classes, we'll have to play it by ear. Mostly they are going to be written assignments that may not be of much interest - we'll just have to see how it goes. It will depend on how interested anyone is in business topics. However, both coursebooks are very up-to-date on current trends and I will be posting interesting/useful information I learn so - watch this space! :)

Tonight is my first on-campus class, which is Drawing Design and Art Theory. I have access to a scanner so I will be posting the results of my endeavors in this class for your amusement/mockery. :) Tomorrow night is my first Intro to 3D Arts & Animation class. That class uses the 3DS Max software so I don't know how much I will be able to post, but I'll post what I can.

So - - that's the latest. Summer Quarter has begun and it's very interesting and very busy. My postings here may be a little more sporadic and more along the lines of once-a-week at the weekends, but I'll be here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment