Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 10 - The End, It Is Near

Hey all.

So....pretty crazy week this week. Lots going on personally and then a lot of things going on school-wise.

My classes have been okay this week, just requiring a lot of design work. Intro to Computer Graphics was redesigning the front and back cover of our annual reports. Since we're doing this on real companies and all, I don't think I should post anything just to cover my ass as far as copyright and what-not, ya know? ;) I'm happy with my submissions though - we'll see what my instructor thinks.

Success Strategies was the usual stupid stuff.

English Composition had to do with identifying logical fallacies. That stuff sincerely messed me up, gotta tell you. But I think I did okay. The discussion was posting our final paper rough drafts for peer review. I managed to slog my way through two of them that were written with at least a semblance of knowledge of the English language. Honestly, I don't know how some of the people in that class are going to pass it, just saying.

Typography....ah yes, the bane of my educational existence this quarter. I only got 72% on my brochure from last week. I redesigned it and was going to resubmit it hoping for a better grade, but then he posted something in his usual jerkoff style on the main announcements page and I decided to just wait and resubmit all the redesigned stuff with my final project. I am so sick of this asshole, I can't even tell you.

So....this week's typography assignment is the newsletter that goes with the rest of our portfolio for our mock company. Just as a reminder, mine is a feminist film studio. So....here are the two pages I mocked up for my newsletter:

Page 1



Page 2



So....that's that. We'll see what he says.

It turns out I have a final essay exam in English, a final research paper in Success Strategies, plus the completion of my final annual report project in Intro to Computer Graphics, and the final redesigning and submission of all of my portfolio contents in Typography, plus discussions in all of these classes as well. So....this week is going to be insanely busy. But it is the last week. I shall keep y'all apprised as things move forward. So far, I am maintaining my 4.0, but the A in Typography is just by the skin of my teeth. We shall see.

As always, constructive feedback is appreciated. Cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment