Friday, May 22, 2009

The End of Week 7

Hi all!

So....Week 7 is done! I just finished sending off my last two assignments. It took me forever to get them done, and I reworked each about five times, but I'm happy with the final results. Will my instructors be happy? Who knows?!! But I am.

Before I share my new stuff, let me drop this on you - I received my official mid-term grades and they are all A's. SWEET! :) Still have not received my quiz grade in English yet, but I received my other two grades in Computer Graphics and they are both A's. Week 7 was pretty good to me, let's hope the trend continues.

On that note, my assignment in Intro to Computer Graphics was to redesign a movie poster. This was hard for me, as I do not feel confident enough in my amateur abilities to be critiquing any professional's work. But, the assignment called for what the assignment called for, so in the end I went with Resident Evil. Check out moviegoods.com to see the range of posters for the movie that are professional. This is my redesign:



I was pretty impressed with myself there. :) Course, it doesn't take much, right? ;)

For my Typography class, this week's assignments were to create our business card and letterhead to go with our final project. Again, I impressed myself here and I really like how these came out. YMMV. :)

Business card:



Letterhead:



So....that's it for Week 7. Whew! :) I have not actually looked at Week 8 yet because I have been determined to finish Week 7 first. As I've been wrestling with these last two assignments, I didn't get much good sleep last night, so I will probably crash early tonight and start Week 8 tomorrow.

I also received word that new schedules will be posted on Monday or Tuesday for summer quarter, so I will know shortly what new classes/tortures we all have to look forward to. :)

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend y'all! As always, comments and feedback are welcome. Constructive, please. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment