Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why Typography Is Killing Me

Typography. Yeah. Seriously hate this fucking class. Seriously. Seriously.

So....got my grade back from my previous assignment (posted below), which I thought turned out kinda cool. Here's what my instructor thought:


Well Amy I'm liking it but I'm not sure it communicates well to your intended audience (college students) The colors are pretty and the text pretty fancy - yeah this looks more like a birthday party invite than a flyer talking about perfect attendance. Also when you're using stock photography try to find a better way to place that. Those little square boxes just don't do it. I appeciate your creativity here - you just need to think things through a bit more: the color, fonts and stock images. Please check out the work I posted on deviant from this week's project: ~T


Ummmm....yeah....I DO check out and download the examples every week! Ugh!!!! Grrrrrr!!!! So....yeah. I hate this class. What's crazy is, he's not grading us on the actual contents of the lessons, he's grading us on whether or not he likes our designs. Um - hello?! This is not a design class, it's Typography! And, again, I don't like his style and he apparently doesn't like mine. In the discussion for this week, he actually seemed to intentionally choose to post a contradictory statement to my post. Am I paranoid? I dunno, but I don't think so.

So....my grade was 25/30, which with my 100% for discussion last week took my overall percentage to 87.5%. That SUCKS!! My overall percentage in that class now is 91.87% NOT GOOD! Almost out of A contention! I'm telling y'all - he's going to fuck up my GPA and we're going to have a problem!! :(

Anyway....so....this week's flyer redesign is a flyer for senior citizens to learn about the computer. Oh! Hey! Guess what??!! I live with two senior citizens! Ho! So guess who I asked obnoxiously about feedback on the five different designs I did for this? You got it! They did give me great feedback so....that helped. Anyway, here's my submission for this week:





I contend that in the hands of someone not quite so much of an asshat, this class might actually be interesting. As it is, I shall simply endeavor to survive with an A hopefully. We shall see. I would love any feedback y'all want to provide.

Last class - - Intro to Computer Graphics - - lots going on there this week, and I don't have my grade back yet so - - watch this space! More to come! Laters!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry he is giving you a hard time. Take it with a grain of salt and keep going. You can't please everyone even those you do back flips and somersaults for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda. I keep reminding myself that all I can do is my best. I just keep plugging away at it. :) We shall see what he thinks of this submission....

    ReplyDelete