Friday, May 1, 2009

Well....Shit!

Hi again all.

Well, I got my Typography grade back finally. Suffice it to say, I do not think that class is going to be one of my better ones. Basically, the main problem (aside from software angst) is the fact that he has one style and I have another and neither of us cares for the others' style. So....where does that leave me? He thinks my flyer from last week was "stuffy" and boring. He doesn't like my boxes around my pictures and wants me to do something more interesting and "edgy". Well....for flyers like that I consider what I have done in my working life. I've done a ton of desktop publishing for jobs and never had complaints. Quite the contrary - I've been praised up the ass. So....WTF? I mean, seriously - WTH??? This dude had us all sign up for Deviant accounts where we could friend him and see examples there. He's posted some of his own and some other students have done. Only problem is - - again, I don't care for his style or style choices. So what do you do as an artist? Especially with this asshat who "is the voice of the design industry" and thinks he's God's gift to graphic design? Do I continue to do the work that I feel best represents the assignment and my tastes, or do I try to find out what he's looking for? Even more importantly, do I speak up when I submit my next project? Do I say that while I respect his opinions, they are his and mine differ? Normally, especially in a work situation, I would respectfully state something along those lines. I dunno what to do here. I'm up trying to work on this stupid next assignment, but I'm just coming up with blanks. I know how *I* would *want* to do it, but I am also trying to keep my GPA in mind. Ugh - round and round in circles I go! Geesh! What a pain in the ass! Oh - the grade was 27/30 points. With the 100% for my discussion, it's about 97%. Not too bad I guess, just sucks when I'm pulling down 100% everywhere else.

Speaking of everywhere else - - still waiting for the grade on my expository essay in English Comp. Got 100% on my discussion and 100% on a quiz we had. Just waiting to see how the essay comes out. Still finishing up my annotated bibliography for that class too. New assignments are up today and it's already looking like a hella busy week. Lots to do and lots to share. Stay tuned! Thoughts? Leave 'em! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment